Thursday, October 06, 2005

On my birthday two years ago, I realized that I had used up my alloted time on earth, three score and ten. I believe that's what it says in the Bible. Feeling that I could go on a bit longer, I applied for an extension. It appears to have been granted because I'm still here, a little the worse for wear but not bad for all of that. I still look at the girls, even if they no longer look back. My tennis game could use some serious improvement but it's fun. As to curling, some days I'm hot, some days I'm not, but I love it. I retired eight years ago and I still miss going to work but that feeling is gradually diminishing. My wife manages to find jobs for me. At this time of year you'll find me watching the baseball playoffs. My Blue Jays are out of it so I don't really care who wins as long as the Yankees don't - it was a blast last year when the Red Sox beat them. I love baseball. I used to love hockey also, but since the game became Americanized into a gladiator contest, I've stopped watching. There may be hope however, in that this year, supposedly, the rules will be enforced to stop the clutching and grabbing. Something needs to be done. I remember the great Montreal teams of the 60s & 70s. We won't see their likes again.
As this is my first post, I'll leave off here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home